- Movavi Mac Video Converter Review – The Fastest Video Converter
- Selling Old DVDs to Make Some Space in Your House
- How to Play PSP Games on Android Devices With PPSSPP Emulator?
- Samsung Galaxy F News, Release Date, Price, Features
- 4K Video Downloader Review – Free Video Downloader for PC, Mac And Linux
Nokia has tried to regain its position in the smartphones market by working on the Lumia series of smartphones and concentrating on only them. It seems that the move is working out in their favor as Lumia smartphones are becoming popular. A week back, we showed you how to hard reset Samsung Galaxy S2 and now we are back with another similar tutorial.
Nokia Lumia 920 is considered to be one of the best Lumia smartphones and is the company’s third attempt at launching Windows phone is the market. A lot of people have this smartphone with them and they love it. So in this article, I would tell you a way to hard reset Nokia Lumia 920.
Why to Hard Reset Nokia Lumia 920?
There might be many reasons why people do a hard reset to their devices. Maybe they were experimenting with their phones and something went wrong, or maybe they won’t to delete everything junk in the smartphone and bring it to a brand new look.
Either way, a hard reset can be considered a good thing as it gives your smartphone a brand new look but it can be a bad thing if you haven’t taken any precautions as it wipes out every data from your phone.
So always take the following precautions before you decide to do a hard reset to your smartphone to be on the safer side.
- Take the complete backup of all your important data like Contacts, Messages, Photos, Apps etc.
- Keep your smartphone’s battery charged to a maximum of 80%.
Disclaimer: The method of hard reset is not mentioned in the manual. So we are not at all responsible if accidentally you end up damaging your device. So proceed at your OWN risk! If you are not sure, take the phone to Customer Service for better assistance.
How to Hard Reset Nokia Lumia 920?
Here I am going to share with you a simple way to hard reset Nokia Lumia 920. But before you do the hard reset, try to do a soft reset and see if it solves the problem.
The method to soft reset your Nokia Lumia 920 is pretty simple. All you have to do is press and hold the Volume Down and Power button together for 10 seconds. Your phone will vibrate and you will see a booting screen. Your phone will restart and you can star using it.
The official method to reset your phone is to go to Settings > About > Reset your phone. If your phone is working and is responsive, you must go with this method only.
But what if your Lumia 920 has become unresponsive and not working. Don’t worry as you still can do a hard reset by using the buttons of your phone. To hard reset Nokia Lumia 920, follow the steps below.
- Turn Off your Nokia Lumia 920.
- Now press and hold Volume Down + Camera + Power buttons together until the phone vibrates.
- Now release the Power button only but keep on holding the other two buttons for another 5 seconds or so.
- Your phone will reboot and you can release all the buttons.
Congratulations! Your Nokia Lumia 920 is not reset and you can start using it without any difficulties like unresponsiveness or any other.
There are many instances where people claimed that by doing a hard reset to their Nokia Lumia 920, none of their data was lost, but still it is nice idea to get a backup of your data before you decide to do a hard reset.
I hope you liked the article showing you how to hard reset Nokia Lumia 920. I would love to hear from you and solve your problems, if you are facing one while doing the reset to your phone.