- Top 5 Best Google Adsense Alternatives For Your Blog
- Download Line For PC, Line for Computer & Mac (Windows XP/Vista/7/8)
- How to Download Torrents with IDM (Internet Download Manager)?
- Download Bluestacks Offline Installer for Windows 7/8/Vista and Mac
- How to Hide Files and folders on your SmartPhone
Apple has finally revealed its most awaited operating system, iOS 7 that is massively redesigned and looks a lot different from the previous versions of the OS. So today, we will see how you can get iOS 7 Update to your iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad, iPad Mini and iPod Touch.
Apple’s new operating system, iOS 7 will be available as a free update to all the smartphones starting from the iPhone 4 and latter versions, the iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPad Mini and the fifth-gen iPod Touch.
There were much speculations that will the iPhone 4 too get iOS 7 update or not but the answer is YES. It will too get the update but the question is should you update your iDevice to the latest version or not? The iPhone 4 or 4S are not that fast as the iPhone 5 or the latest 64-bit iPhone 5S, so even if you update your iPhone 4 or 4S, you might experience some lagging and degradation in performance and even battery life after updating to the new operating system.
Backup Your Data before you Update to iOS 7
Backing up your data before you update your smartphone to a new operating system should be the very first step every time you are going to update your iDevice. There are chances that something might go wrong when updating to a new version and so backing up your data would be a good decision to restore everything back to its state in case something goes wrong.
- To back up your data on your iDevice, just go to Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup.
- Make sure you have selected all the apps whose data you want to backup.
- You can even force a backup by going to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup and then select the “Back Up Now” button at the bottom.
You can even back up your data via the iTunes installed on your computer. To backup data via iTunes, follow the steps mentioned below:
- To back up your data via iTunes, you need to connect your iDevice to your computer via the provided cable.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- If you are using iTunes 11, then you need to click on the iOS device button on the right side and then in the Backups section, click on Back Up Now under “Manual Backup and Restore”.
- If you are using iTunes 10.7, you should right-click on the iOS device is the iTunes source list and then choose Backup from the source list.
- Wait for the backup to complete which you can monitor via the iTunes status screen.
You must know that iCloud won’t backup your music, movies or TV shows that aren’t purchased from the iTunes store.
How to Download And Get iOS 7 Update?
There are 2 best methods to download the iOS 7 update to your iPhone 5 and other iDevices. One is the OTA (Over The Air) update and the other is updating your iDevice via iTunes.
To get iOS 7 update to your device, OTA method would be considered as the most convenient method. Normally your phone will receive an automatic notification about the update, but if you don’t get it, you can go to Settings > General > Software Update which will check for any updates available and if there is an update, simply click Update and you are done.
Make sure your iDevice has a reliable Internet connection and your phone is connected to the power source in case the battery drains during the update.
How to Get iOS 7 Update via iTunes?
If you want to update your iDevice to iOS 7 via iTunes, then connect your device to your computer via the cable and launch iTunes.
You might get a prompt window that a new update is available and is ready to download and install. You can directly download the update and install it on your iDevice this way.
But if you don’t get a prompt, just launch iTunes and navigate to the Devices section. There select the device you want to update and then choose “Check for Update”. If the update is available, you can choose to just download the iOS 7 or you can choose to download the iOS 7 and install the update automatically to your smartphone.
That was the best ways to get iOS 7 update on your iDevice. If you are not sure about the free memory of your iDevice, you should go via the iTunes way to update the smartphone.
There might be a big rush to download the latest update so there is a possibility that the servers might go down and you might not be able to update your iDevice to the latest iOS 7 update. So I would advise you to choose a time when you think there won’t be much rush on the servers and your download and update completes properly without any downtime issues. So if you own an iPhone 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad Mini or iPod Touch, then go and get iOS 7 update for your device now.