- (Review) Wondershare Dr. Fone for Android – Recover All Your Lost Data
- Unblock Anything with TorGuard DDWRT VPN Routers
- Google Announces the Next Android version – Android 4.4 KitKat
- Download Bluestacks Offline Installer for Windows 7/8/Vista and Mac
- WeChat for PC, Android Free Download (Windows Computer)
Sony Xperia M has been announced just recently and the smartphone packs in some really good specs and features. The smartphone comes with a 4-inch capacitive touchscreen and a 1 GHz dual-core processor. The smartphone do come with some good features but to use it to the fullest, you must root the device.
You can now root Sony Xperia M with the help of the Framaroot app developed Alephzain, a senior member at XDA. This app uses the Gandalf exploit to root your smartphone. You can follow the procedure below to root Sony Xperia M using the Framaroot App.
- Backup all the important data from your smartphone.
- Make sure that the battery is charged up to around 80% or more.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by going to Settings >> Applications >> Development.
- The Sony Xperia M must be an unlocked one as a network-locked device cannot be rooted with this method.
Note: This rooting method works on only Sony Xperia M C1904 and C1905 so do check your phone’s model number before performing the root. To check your phone’s model number, go to Settings > About Device > Model Number. Don’t try it on any other model number.
Disclaimer: Rooting your phone may void the warranty. We or the developers are not responsible for any damages to your phone whatsoever. Proceed at your OWN risk!
How to Root Sony Xperia M C1904/C1905?
- First of all, you need to download the Framaroot apk file to your computer. [LINK]
- After you have downloaded it to your computer, transfer it to your smartphone by connecting your phone to the computer via the USB cable.
- Now install the Framaroot tool on your smartphone.
- Once installed, open it and select GANDALF exploit from the list to root the device. Be sure to select GANDALF exploit only as selecting any other can cause permanent damage to your smartphone.
- When you have selected the exploit, your Sony Xperia M would be rooted and you will see a confirmation message “Success, Superuser and SU binary installed!”
- Once all the files are installed, reboot the device.
- The reboot will take a longer time as the installed files are trying to root the device.
- Once the procedure is completed, the device will boot up and it has now been successfully rooted.
That’s it! You have successfully rooted your device. You can check it by using the Root Checker App available in the Google Play Store.
That was the easiest method that one can use to root Sony Xperia M. All you have to do is download the Framaroot tool to your smartphone, install it and select the proper exploit and you are done. You have successfully completed the root.
Do share what you think about the article on how to root Sony Xperia M C1904/1905 via the comments below and do share them with you friends too.