- Unblock Anything with TorGuard DDWRT VPN Routers
- (Review) Apowersoft Free Screen Capture – Capture, Edit and Share
- How to Download Torrents With Boxopus Using IDM?
- Download Bluestacks Offline Installer for Windows 7/8/Vista and Mac
- Halloween Giveaway: Free Get DVD Ripper Video Software for iPhone iPad Android
We all know that Ubuntu is considered as one of best operating systems for a computer and there are many people who just love using it on their computers and laptops. Though it is kind of different from the conventional Windows, it still isn’t that bad if you give it some of your time.
One of the must haves in any operating system is the browser. Without a proper browser, you can’t surf the Internet and that would be really bad. But imagine a browser without flash support? Wouldn’t that be bad?
It means that you can’t watch videos or play online games on the Internet. If you are using Ubuntu and have Chromium browser installed but don’t know how to install Flash in Chromium then here is the tutorial to help you enable it.
How to Install Flash in Chromium Browser?
To install Flash in Chromium for Ubuntu, first of all you need Chromium browser installed in your system, if you won’t have one already. For installing Chromium, here are the steps:
- Open the Software Center and search for Chromium in there.
- You will be able to find the software in one of the top results.
- Download it and install in on your system.
So now you have installed Chromium browser on your computer, we can now proceed to enable flash player in Chromium.
Steps to Install Flash in Chromium for Ubuntu:
- Open the terminal – Applications > Accessories > Terminal.
- Now type in the following command in the terminal to install flash payer plugin in your system.
sudo apt-get install flashplugin-installer
- The above command will download the flash plugin to your system.
- Now you need to create a plugin folder for Chromium to copy all the plugin contents in it.
- To do so, just enter the following commands in the terminal.
sudo mkdir opt
sudo mkdir opt/google
sudo mkdir opt/google/chromium
sudo mkdir opt/google/chromium/plugins
- The above commands will create a plugin folder for Chromium.
- Now you need to copy all the downloaded contents in the Chromium plugin folder.
- To do so, you need to enter the following command in the terminal.
sudo cp /usr/lib/flashplugin-installer/libflashplayer.so /opt/google/chromium/plugins
You have now successfully installed flash player in Chromium browser. Now you can easily play Youtube videos or play flash games on your computer running on Ubuntu.
I hope you liked to tutorial on how to install Flash in Chromium browser for Ubuntu. If you are facing any difficulties or have any queries, just drop a line below and I would love to solve them for you.