- How to Get iOS 7 Update to iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad, iPad Mini and iPod Touch?
- Some Simple Home Theater Ideas You Should Know
- How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S2 Easily?
- The 5 Best Whatsapp Alternatives for iOS, Android, Windows, BlackBerry
- How to Download Torrents with IDM (Internet Download Manager)?
With the release of the new iPhone 6 and iOS 8, users are looking for a way to jailbreak iOS 8 and 8.1 on their Apple devices, and fortunately, the Chinese team, Pangu, has find the way to jailbreak the new iOS 8, as this represents getting into one of the most difficult to crack OS on the planet. They first surprised everyone with they’re quick and easy jailbreaks for iOS 7.1x. The Pangu8 software, works with iOS 8.0 all the way to 8.01, with the help of Pangu8 you’ll be able to jailbreak your device in some easy steps.
Note: Before jailbreaking your device you should consider the pros and cons of this process, as this can be risky, so here is a great guide that shows what is jailbreaking?, and why you should or shouldn’t jailbreak your iphone: Should you jailbreak an iPhone (or iPad)? The pros and cons of iOS jailbreaking
List of Supported devices:
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4s
- iPad – 2, 3, 4, Air, Air 2, mini 1, mini 2, mini 3
- iPod Touch 5
Guide to Jailbreak iOS 8 and 8.1 with PANGU8
This guide is done using Widows OS, Here is the guide for Mac users: How to Jailbreak iOS 8 – iOS 8.1 using Pangu on your Mac
So, before starting you’ll need to perform some steps to make sure everything goes well:
- Make a full backup of your iPhone device files using iTunes or iCloud (Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup).
You may also like: How to transfer files from old iphone to new iphone
- Shut down the passcode or touch screen ID (You can do this in: Settings> General>Touch>Touch ID & Passcode > Turn Off Simple Passcode).
- turn off Find my iPhone (Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone).
- Make sure you have enough storage space on your iPhone to install all the necessary files to jailbreak your device.
- Next, turn on the Airplane Mode (settings>airplane Mode).
- Turn off antivirus software in your computer, as this may block the installation of Pangu8
- Make sure you have iTunes 12.0.1 of a later version installed on your computer prior to beginning.
- The firmware upgraded via OTA affects Pangu 8 a lot and usually causes Pangu 8 to fail. If you have failed many times, please try to download the latest firmware and restore your iOS devices.
How to Perform the Jailbreak iOS 8 / 8.1 Using Pengu
1. Download the lastest Pangu8 version for Windows: Download Here
Note: This latest version comes with the Cydia bundle pre-installed
2. Right Click on the Pangu8 icon and then run it as an Administrator.
3. When Pangu8 is up and running, connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your PC trough USB cable.
4. Wait until the “Start Jailbreak” button turns Blue and click it.
5. On the next windows click “Already Did” and the jailbreaking process will begin, your phone or device will reboot a few times during the process.
6. When done, it will say “Jailbreak Succeeded” and you’re done with the jailbreak process. You can find the Cydia application on your home screen, and to install your favorite apps, run the Cydia program and search for the desire app.
If you’ve already been jailbroken using a previous version of Pangu without the Cydia bundle there’s no need to rebreak it. All you have to do is run the Pangu application from your homescreen and click the “Install Cydia.”
Next click the “Install” found in the top right corner on the screen and Cydia will install.
Once you’ve rebooted you will have both Cydia and Pangu on your device.
I hope you have find this tutorial about how to jailbreak iOS 8 and 8.1 useful, and I would love to hear your thoughts about this article, and any additional ways to make it better.