Samsung has been launching many new Android devices in the market and just two months back it launched its flagship smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy S4 that introduced some really cool and unique features. Weeks after the launch of the flagship device, the company announced and launched a mini version of it, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini.
However to take the complete control of the device, you need to root it. So here is a guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and after you have rooted it successfully how you can install CWM Recovery on it.
Disclaimer: Rooting your phone may void the warranty. We or the developers are not responsible for any damages to your phone whatsoever. Proceed at your OWN risk!
The rooting method given below is specifically for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-i9195, so please check your phone’s model number before your proceed.
- Ensure that your phone is charged to at least 70%.
- Download and install appropriate USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-i9195. You can do so through Samsung Kies.
- Backup all the important data before going through the tutorial.
- Enable USB Debugging mode by going to Settings > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-i9195?
- Download the root package containing all the files from here. (The package contains Odin 3.07, CWM package and Insecure Kernel)
- Extract the content of the package on your desktop.
- Switch off your Galaxy S4 Mini and boot into Download Mode by pressing Volume Down Key, Power Key and Home button simultaneously until you see a menu.
- Now connect your phone to your computers via USB cable.
- Install Odin on your PC and run it.
- On the top left corner, you will see ID:COM port to which your Galaxy S4 Mini will be successfully connected.
- Uncheck F.Reset Time in Odin.
- Click on the PDA button and locate the GT-I9195_MF5_870901_kernel.tar.md5 file from the extracted folder of the root package that we downloaded above and select it.
- Click Start and the flashing process will be initialized.
- Once the flashing process is done, you will get a PASS message. That means your phone is now rooted and your S4 Mini will be rebooted automatically.
- Don’t close Odin yet.
Install CWM Recovery on Galaxy S4 Mini
- Once again boot your device into Download mode pressing Volume Down Key, Power Key and Home button simultaneously.
- Be sure to uncheck F.Reset Time in Odin.
- Now click on the PDA button and this time locate the CWM Recovery package recovery-clockwork-22.214.171.124-serranoltexx.tar.md5 from the extracted folder and select it.
- Click on Start and the flashing process of ClockworkMod Recovery will be initialized.
- Wait till you get a PASS message and once you get it, your phone will be rebooted.
- That’s it. You have successfully installed CWM Recovery on your S4 Mini.
- Disconnect your phone from PC and power off your device.
- Enter into the Recovery Mode by pressing Volume Up Key, Power Key and Home button simultaneously.
- Now select “wipe data/factory reset” and then “wipe cache partition“. Once done, return to recovery and select “reboot system now“.
- That’s it. Now you can enjoy your rooted S4 Mini.
You can check if your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini GT-i9195 has been rooted by downloading the free Root Checker app from the play store.
Your Views On How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini:
That was the complete guide on how you can root Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and also install CWM recovery on it. I hope that you would be able to carry out the root process to your own device as well by following this tutorial.
If you are facing any troubles or having any doubts than I would love to hear them from you and solve them. Do share your views with us via the comments below.